Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Here is my latest yard project. I had so much fun working on this. I put some really fun flowers in the garden...lavendar, black-eyed susans, some ground cover to grow over the rocks..so it will be fun to see what it will look like at the end of summer! Gardening is one of my passions! I love flowers and I have flower gardens on both sides of my house just for picking pleasure!

I have been reading a book with Cassia called " The Basket of Flowers". It is a wonderful, beautiful book written a very long time ago...but I would like to take a quote from that book I thought would inspire you... (a Father is talking to his daughter as they are walking through their garden ). " He spoke to her of the first garden where man was placed, and of his sad expulsion from it,--of the garden as the emblem of her own soul, given her to cultivate, and to bring forth fruit to God--and of the glorious garden above, to which, in his own good time, God transplants his people, through which flows the pure river of water of life, where the tree of life bears twelve manner of fruits, whose leaves are for the healing of the nations."
It makes me ponder my own hearts garden and what fruit I am cultivating and producing?
Just a thought for you to think about.

2 comments:

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

I absolutely love flowers....but I'm not really a gardener. I can't wait to see what pops up in your garden. I also see that you had a birthday party for one of your girls a few weeks back. I love tea parties. Flowers and tea are probably two of my favorite things. :) Hope you are enjoying Memorial Day weekend. Love, Angie

Unknown said...

You must get that from your Grandmother, remember how she loved to work in her yard! She would love to see what you have done. I hope you guys are doing well, what a wonderful surprise for Eddie to give you for your Birthday. He is a sweet guy.