Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday Treats!!


Well, I have had the bloggin' blues...I don't have much to blog it seems..plus I have been very busy. I have 2 loves right now...reading and recipes. I will share on some of what I have been reading later. But for now I thought I would post a "goodie" each week. I make dessert every Tuesday night for our Bible Study group. It is an opportunity to try a "new" recipe!! Which I love to do! So today I made Brownie Bottom Cheesecake Bars. And yes they are yummy!
Here is the recipe:
1 chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup butter
3 eggs, divided
2 (8 oz) pkg. of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
Preheat oven to 325*. In large bowl combine cake mix, butter and 1 egg; blend well. Press mixture into bottom of greased 9X13 baking pan.
In med. bowl., combine remaining eggs, cream cheese and sugar. Beat until mixture is smooth and well blended.
Pour mixture over cake mix, and bake for 40-45 minutes. (until edges are very lightly browned). Let cool and ice with Chocolate Frosting.
Chocolate Frosting:
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (8oz) container sour cream
In small saucepan. combine chocolate chips and sour cream. Cook over low to medium heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat and let cool until just warm to the touch.

3 comments:

denise said...

Mmmm! So...what time does your Bible study start tonight?

Sarah M. said...

At first I thought it was something with mashed potatoes in the middle. After further reading, I realized how silly am I! Yay for yummy recipes! ☺

SHARING OUR BLESSINGS said...

Yummy!! Can't wait to try it!! Thanks for sharing!!