Monday, May 17, 2010

ICEBOX CAKE???



I have been hearing about an old fashioned dessert called "Icebox cake"...made of graham crackers and pudding and I guess it tastes fantastic. So I thought I would hunt down a recipe and give it a try. To be honest it didn't sound like it would be that great...but was I wrong! I made this dessert on Sunday night ( recipe suggested to keep in fridge for 2-3 days) and on Tuesday we had it with everyone..they loved it and so did I!


THELMA'S CHOCOLATE ECLAIR

1/2 box (8 oz.) graham crackers

2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) instant vanilla pudding

3 1/2 cups milk

1 (8oz.) cool whip

2 squares (1 oz. each) semisweet chocolate

2 T. butter

1 tsp. light corn syrup

3 T. milk

1 tsp. vanilla

1 -1/2 cups confections sugar

Cover bottom of 13x 9 baking pan with whole graham crackers, set aside. Combine pudding mixes and milk. fold in cool whip. Spread over graham crackers. Top with another layer of crackers. In a saucepan, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from the heat and add remaining ingredients. Spread over top graham cracker layer. Cover and refrigerate. Dessert is best made 2-3 days ahead of time. Yield: 12-15 servings.




4 comments:

mr. pineapple man said...

i could finish half of that if you don't mind :)

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

This sounds absolutely delicious and doesn't seem too difficult to make. The hardest part for me will be waiting the 2-3 days. :) I'll have to try that some time. I just love chocolate and graham crackers. Thanks for posting the recipe.

denise said...

I'm happy to see this recipe! Reminds me of a certain favorite Italian restaurant of mine...

Christian said...

2-3 days? Who can wait that long to eat it? Did you wait? Is the timing so the flavors blend or just for torture's sake?