Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What are you all doing on Friday...? We are having a few friends over for a little "Harvest Party" ! So I will make my annual homeade carmel apples...yummy! I thought I would share the recipe along with another recipe I made last night for Bible study...Twix bars...yummy!
Carmel apples:
1 cup butter
2 1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 14 oz. Eagle brand milk
1 cup light corn syrup

Mix together in pan on stove, bring to Hard boil stage, stirring occationally. Be sure it reaches
240* ( it takes around 20 minutes) Once you reach this temp. remove from stove and stir in
1 tsp. Vanilla!! Now dip those apples ....yummy!

Twix bars

club crackers
1/2 C. butter
3/4 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. white sugar
1/3 C. milk
1 C. graham cracker crumbs
3/4 C. peanut butter
1 C. chocolate chips

Line a 9x13 pan with crackers. Boil butter, sugars, milk and crumbs together for 5 minutes. Pour over creackers. Add another layer of crackers. Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips. Spread over crackers and cool.
ENJOY!

Happy Harvest! God is so good!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Cami i will miss your caramel apples.....i am sorry we have to miss being together Friday night. Lets plan another time ok? Hope you have a wonderful time....thanks for the yummy recipes!!
I love ya friend ♥

Anonymous said...

Sounds yummy, thank you for sharing. I can't believe how much your children have grown! I should not be surprised, my Paul is almost as tall as his dad. We would love to drop in Friday but gas is a bit high these days;-)Have fun!! Love, Rebecca

WELCOME TO TuttleTime! said...

My stomach is growling!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipes. You and Eddie haven't CHANGED a bit over the past few (well many) years. :) love you guys! Cute pictures.....glad you are blogging. Oh, I got your comment. thanks!

Amy said...

I tagged you....see my blog! :)