Sunday, September 27, 2009

ABC's and 1-2-3's


Well, we are back to school! I have been wanting to post but with school starting and we have had a lot of sickness it has been hard for me to sit down and think! After 8 years....I am back to teaching Kindergarten once again. Keira loves it...she seems to be catching on quickly. Homeschooling has its challenges but we have learned a lot through the years. What ultimately brought us to homeschool was ...the fact when Kayla was headed for high school...we felt the kids were growing up way too fast and I wanted to be with them more and watch them grow up! I can't believe I have a 20 year old ...! Our passion for homeschool has changed over the years...it is not about the academics ...it is about discipling our children for the Lord and you have a lot of time to disciple when you are together 24-7! We have lots of opportunity to deal with not only our childrens hearts ...but my own heart. As we have started off the new year of school I am really passionate about building my kids up...encouraging them in their daily tasks, just loving them through words. God is good and gives us wisdom in this great task of homeschooling.

Nathan has a full load this year...with Chemistry, Geometry and Guitar to name a few. Kellory is just about finished with her graduation requirements...she is taking a writing class on-line..which has been great for her. She will be done with school by December! Cassia is working on task with all of her subjects...her favorite subject is science.


4 comments:

Amy said...

Cami,
Glad to see a post from ya! :)

You are right about the challenges in h'schooling! But God is faithful, isn't he? He just guides us along the way... This is my
3rd year, and I am just starting to figure this out! :).

denise said...

Thanks for the post :) Hope I wasn't pestering you too much about writing one!

I really admire how thoughtful and intentional you are about parenting - and it shows in your children.

Rebecca said...

I have wondered over the years just who is in school, the children or me. The Lord does use it to teach us and to cause us to depend on Him. I am graduating my first this year. In the beginning I wondered how I would teach geometry and now we are past it and the Lord has proven His faithfulness to us. He can be trusted and will provide wisdom and grace for today. Praise the Lord!!

Rebecca :-)

TrumanTribe said...

Cam, I just looked over your blog...it's really cute and very encouragin...sorry I haven't visited in while...I'll keep better tabs soon! LOVE YOU! Jeannie